Monday, February 22, 2010

Missed periods and excessive hair loss?

I'm a 16 year old female. I haven't experienced any type of menstrual activity for the past 4 months and I'm not sexually active.


I've been experience major hair loss after I've taken a shower and combed my hair (literally, it's a clump of hair in my hair by the time I'm done brushing).


I don't blow dry my hair, and I'm pretty sure that I'm getting proper nutrition. I'm not starving myself, taking any sorts of medication, and have not experienced any type of weight gain or loss.





I KNOW for a fact that all of this is caused by stress.





I'm going to the doctor on Friday, but is there anything I should be worrying about? And do you think that the doctor will be able to help me?





:( I'm really scared. So if you could, please add some words of encouragement.Missed periods and excessive hair loss?
Stress, because it involves hormones and other chemicals in your body, can have a drastic effect on your period and on things like hair loss. Also, many women experience irregular periods well into their twenties, because their bodies are still ';leveling out.'; It's great that you're going to the doctor, because he/she will be able to reassure you that nothing is seriously wrong. If there is a cause beyond stress, they will be able to help you treat it. If it is strictly stress-related, they will offer you some techniques to manage it.





Getting enough sleep is definitely important - think of how much more stressful everything is when you're already tired!





Good luck and hope everything goes well on Friday. Don't be nervous - what you're experiencing sounds very normal for someone your age.Missed periods and excessive hair loss?
You are doing the right thing by setting a doctor's appointment! Stress could be a major factor with your hair loss. Another reason for hair loss is thyroid problems - generally an underactive thyroid. Thyroid problems could also be a reason for your irregular menstrual cycle and any issues with moods (feeling down lately?). Don't worry! Just make sure you ask the doctor to check your thyroids. Good Luck!
Hi,Your totally doing the right thing by seeing your doctor.I'm hoping that stress is the only cause for this,however losing your hair like that isn't good.I don't want to put ideas into your head,so see your doc and get him to help.Take a nice warm bath and light some fragrant candles also listen to some soft music,this will help relieve some stress.Take care and good luck.
Hair loss is caused by many reasons such as malnutrition, illness, tension and other health problems.It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of a cycle of growing new hairs and loosing some. Badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info. Check out http://sumiram2006-stressfree.blogspot.c鈥?/a> for more info.
It seems that you already know the cause. A lot of women do have that problem from stress. And yes the doctor should be able to help you as long as you are 100% honestly with them.
Are you eating? cause hunger can cause hair loss and missed periods.
Well im going to tell you something stress is going to be the number one cause of disease and illness. Your mind is the most powerful part of your body and it will control everything else. Try to relax take deep breathes and know that what ever your going through wont last forever. I have suffered with depression for many years and it robs you of life. Dont forget to enjoy life because its beautiful honey!16 is a ruff time but focus on the future and know that your building your life brick by brick! Best of luck to you !!!!(((HUGS)))

No comments:

Post a Comment